This page is about Re:load v1. You’re probably looking for the Re:load 2 page
Re:load is an adjustable constant-current load with several key properties:
- Cheap. $15 for the 0-3A version!
- Self-powered. A general purpose dummy load shouldn’t need external power, and Re:load doesn’t.
- Versatile. Operates over 3.3 to 30V, and at 0-3A for the regular version or 0-6A for the ‘epic’ version. Handle up to 12W continuous (regular) or 20W continuous (epic), or more with your own jumbo heatsink.
- Virtually indestructable. As long as you don’t exceed 30V, there’s not much you can do to damage this. ESD, overcurrent, overtemperature and reverse polarity are all protected against.
- Small. Chuck it in your toolbox once you’re done and pull it out when you need it next.
You can read a detailed post about Re:load’s construction and specifications here.
For detailed assembly and usage instructions, see here.