Re:load 2 is an adjustable constant-current load with several key properties:
- Cheap - just $20!
- Self-powered. A general purpose dummy load shouldn’t need external power, and Re:load doesn’t.
- Versatile. Operates over 3.3 to 40V, and at 0-3A. Handle up to 12W continuous, or more with your own jumbo heatsink.
- Virtually indestructable. As long as you don’t exceed 40V, there’s not much you can do to damage this. ESD, overcurrent, overtemperature and reverse polarity are all protected against.
- Small. Chuck it in your toolbox once you’re done and pull it out when you need it next.
- Mounting holes for convenient mounting to a custom case
- Option to power the Re:load from an external supply to support voltages from 0 to 60 volts
- Configurable potentiometer orientation, for more flexible enclosure options.
- Configurable FET placement, for more flexible enclosure options.
You can read a detailed post about Re:load’s construction and specifications here.
For detailed assembly and usage instructions, see here.